Hydrogen Gas Detector
Hydrogen Gas Detectors (HGD) protect battery charging rooms and other locations where motive and stationary batteries are present by continuously monitoring hydrogen gas levels. The HGD is equipped with LED lights and an 80 dB alarm. AC- or DC-Powered models are available with single or dual relay.
Improving Safety in the Battery Room with Hydrogen Gas Detectors
As a byproduct of the battery charging process, hydrogen gas accumulates in every battery room, and without robust ventilation systems, gas can accumulate to dangerous levels. Hydrogen mixes with oxygen to create a significant ignition hazard at a concentration of only four percent. Most safety measures recommend keeping hydrogen levels even lower, at less than one percent of the room’s total volume. The gas is colorless, odorless, and lighter than air, so it is very difficult to track without sensitive monitoring equipment.
The Hydrogen Gas Detector (HGD) identifies hydrogen accumulation before it reaches a dangerous threshold. A hydrogen concentration of 1.00 percent activates the detector’s bright yellow LED light, while hydrogen levels of 2.00 percent or higher will trigger a flashing red LED light and an 80 decibel alarm.
The HGD is designed for easy integration into your operation’s ventilation system. It is available with a single or dual relay, in AC- or DC-powered models. Relays automatically activate the venting action of the Hydrogen Exhaust Fan Kit or other peripheral technologies, translating alarms directly into a coordinated preventative response.
Features & Benefits:
- AC- or DC-powered models available with single or dual relay
- Equipped with 80 dB audible alarm and LED lights
- Continuous monitoring of hydrogen gas levels
- Reliable, highly sensitive, highly stable solid state sensor
- May result in insurance premium reduction
- Dimensions: 2.5" x 4.75" x 7" (63.5 mm x 120.7 mm x 178 mm)
- Includes four 3/16" (4.8 mm) mounting screws
- Operating temperature: 14°F to 104°F ( -10°C to 40°C)
|Mfr. Part Number||HGD|