Spool Winding Trolley
The BHS Spool Winding Trolley (SWT) saves time and labor during industrial-scale cable management. Position the unit over a BHS Parallel Reel Payout (PRP) or virtually any other reel shaft — an adjustable assembly raises and lowers the unit to match axle height - and activates the hydraulic motor.
The SWT automatically pays out cables to one or more take-up spools, counting linear footage that passes through a triple-wide encoder wheel. Each revolution pays out 1 foot of cable, ensuring accurate counts and precise order-fulfillment.
The SWT allows electricians and electrical suppliers to pre-load reels with multiple cables in a fraction of the time, reducing ergonomic hazards and providing a dependable ROI. Call our Sales Team at 1-800-BHS-9500 to learn more about the Spool Winding Trolley and other cable-management innovations from BHS, Inc.
*SWT pictured with BHS PRP (sold separately) and options SWT-GB and SWT-MC,
Features & Benefits
- Overhead rim drive rotates take-up reels while an encoder wheel accurately counts linear footage, eliminating waste
- Pay out multiple cables to multiple compartment reels at once
- Control slide gives operator full control over coiling for the highest possible yield per compartment reel
- Adjustable-length overhead rollers accommodate a wide range of reel diameters and configurations
- Maximum reel width of 48”
- Ideal for use with any PRP or DRP unit
- Counter 1:1 ratio – one revolution = 1 linear foot of cable
- Counter is angled toward operator for ease of use and is also reversible and resettable
- Dual, 6” diameter, urethane-coated rollers create secure contact with various spool and reel types
- Hydraulic-actuated roller arms for powered positioning
- Direct-coupled hydraulic drive motor for reliable performance
- 480V ac / 3ph, 3hp power unit. Other voltages available
- Low-speed for precise control when beginning and finishing spooling
- High-speed to minimize total spooling time
- Single phase models come equipped with a 2 button wired control while three phase models feature wireless controls
California Residents: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Learn more here.